Saturday, September 21, 2019

PWS Week 3 sit/starts Match up Breakdowns





Looking around the league at match ups I see some questionable line up decisions as well as some brilliant moves. Some flat out make me want to vomit and others I tip my hat to. So here are some of my thoughts. Take it as you will.


The Papa Burgundys vs Little Giants

Burgundy nation is at a crossroads. On one hand they have a man who has been the face of this franchise for many years over the history of this great league. On the other he has a new kid on the block. One that embodies the new NFL prototype QB. At 0-2. It's time for a change. Murray will bring the fury:

320 passing yards 2 TDs 14 rushing yards 1 rushing score.

Phillip is in a tough flex spot. Do you really buy into an OJ Howard bounce back or go the I'll believe it when I see it route ? As tough as it is to have that faith and trust production tied to Winston, I personally side with the upside of Howard at home in a prime bounce back spot. In the event that I started pulling my hair out just at the thought of another goose egg my choice would be simple. Do I start a Raider @ Minnesota or would I infact go with James Washington ? Hear me out. The Steelers are changing things up this week after the Moncrief experience cost them their week 2 game. Reports state Dionte Johnson will get the start, but let's be real. Washington is the superior talent and has amazing rapport already with Mason Rudolph. Here are my projections for these 3 options:

Waller - 46 yards no score

Howard - 67 yards and a TD 

Washington - 79 yards and a TD

Match up projection : The Papa Burgundys 113 Little Giants 100


KHH vs AggSwaggg

All week George has Gore on his bench. All week I scratched my head. If you own Gore and you aren't going to play him this week then you 100% should drop him. What's the point ? He will serve as the clear lead back against a Cincinnati team that was just shredded on the ground by 3 different Niners. George however, is starting the ageless wonder. This will play a pivotal role in George getting back to back IG calls. I would however, start Gore over Tyrell Williams. I want zero Raiders in my line ups this week. As for Edel I have a similar argument. Why roster Devin Smith if you aren't going to start him when Gallup is out and he is playing THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL??? Reports on Jacobs are that he lost 10 lbs this week. Yeah... I want to start that guy! Not to mention he has a road match up in Minnesota. What is the appeal in starting Jacobs here ? What is his upside in this situation ? Hard pass for me. I'd much rather roll the dice on the upside of Smith playing the Dolphins. Projections for these two

Jacobs - 23 rushing yards and 7 receiving yards. No score.

Devin Smith - 73 yards and a score

Match up projection : KHH 116 AggSwaggg 114


The Dirty Birds vs The Replacements

Soliz is off to a sizzling start after the Titans Defense got him one whole point Thursday night. I don't see any line up quandaries for him this week. Drew on the other hand has a very interesting one. Ride with the hot rookie McLaurin in a tough match up or trust a struggling MVS ? For me I don't want any Redskins this week against the Bears. They could easily score 10 points or less in that game. Chris Harris is expected to shadow Davante Adams which should open the door for an MVS breakout. Here's my projection:

McLaurin - 36 yards no score

MVS - 83 yards one score

Match up projection: The Replacements 111 The Dirty Birds 87


The Nature Boys vs Aaron's Party

Sam is starting Sterling Shepard... I assumed there must be a better option on his team.... there is not. Thank god he has Lamar Jackson and Dalvin Cook or this team should be renamed to the island of misfit players. Tyler has an interesting flex decision. Roll the dice on a less than 100% McCoy? Double down on Mostert ? Play it safe with Hyde ?  Tough call, but I believe my Muddog brother is making the correct call with Hyde. That's all you can do.

Match up projection: Aaron's Party 112 The Nature Boys 99



The Peoples Champ vs Miller Gold Agency

TPC has a plethora (click plethora) of flex options. I believe the fantasy community would ask Brett, "how can you bench Emmanuel Sanders ?! He's got 20 targets in two games! He's got 184 yards in two games! He has scored in both games ! He looks Amazing !" Brett is as savvy an owner as you will see and this move proves it. Starting Mike Williams over Sanders is a winning play. Sanders draws a GB defense that has held opponents to just 215.5 yards per game through the air and 9.5 ppg. Comparison projections:

Sanders - 56 yards no score

Mike Williams - 79 yards one score 

Match up projection: TPC 109 Miller Gold Agency 94


As Lance Armstrong said to Peter LeFleur "Good luck. I hope this decision doesn't haunt you forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment